Thursday, September 22, 2016







            Black Men: Targets of Murder








The latest news story that's captured my attention is the fiasco in Charlotte, North Carolina.
I find it fascinating that the Country hasn't put together this overwhelming plot in killing Black men.
This of course is my theory. I have never seen or heard  at any time in my life where police have declared war on Black men like I do right now.
If it were because of the trend in younger Black men wearing their pants off their posteria, I'd say they were offended because of the rebellion that's suggested with this attire. That's not it. If that were it, then only men of a certain age would be targeted. Instead, we see men of all different age groups in the Black community all over the country being prayed upon by the police. I find this not to be a co-incident.
As a mother of two sons, it scares me intensely.
In Chicago we have mostly Black on Black crime. That too is frightening. With the situation being as it is, Black men faces a double threat. There's the thugs in the street and the trigger-happy police in the bushes.
I do feel that Mayor Emanuel has made the right decision to hire more police officers and to have them undergo sensitivity training.
The female officer in Charlotte who killed an unarmed Black guy was clearly a product of White Society who was drenched with fear and without a doubt had no business being on the police force.
I hope that things will get better for us all. After all, it's not just the victims of gun violence who suffer, it's also their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment